Monday, April 2, 2007

Kuma Inn

It's a restaurant truism: the only thing better than Filipino-Thai tapas is *BYOB* Filipino-Thai tapas. Recently hit Kuma Inn on Ludlow with Grey and Midnight, and experienced flavors powerful enough to break through even my St. Patrick's Day armor of 27 PBRs. Don't be put off by the shady entrance to this spot - the dank hallway makes for a perfect post-meal smoking/loitering spot. It also doubles as the entrance to Bulgarian Bar, so if you have the energy, you can stand outside and collect phantom cover charges from dimwit hipsters while you finish off the booze you brought to Kuma.

Notable is the band we saw that night. If you're into gypsy-klezmer-tango-punk bands (we are), check out the Luminescent Orchestrii, they kick a lot of ass.

1 comment:

g luv said...

Honestly, I was black out drunk before we got to Kuma Inn so I'm glad you reminded me of what neighborhood it is in. What I do remember is that the three of us couldn't finish a 6-pack of Stella during dinner and also a dish with Chinese sausage. I love Chinese sausage.