Thursday, April 12, 2007

Finally!

Doesn't it seem like everything is coming to a head all at once? Like:
  • The Utah Jazz finally retired former Detroit Piston Adrian Dantley's #4 jersey. Even though I had no idea Dantley ever wore the former most flaming NBA uniform, I can tell you the honor was richly deserved. The Jazz should retire the numbers of some other old Pistons - starting with Dennis Rodman, in honor of his and Karl Malone's wonderful, unintentional NBA playoff comedy, as well as their later, under-appreciated masterpiece for the WWF.
  • Don Imus says he will stop apologizing for racist remarks or whatever. Those of you who've been tailing me know I've been commuting to Westchester County a few days per week, which means I've also been a prisoner of bad radio. And this week I've specifically been a prisoner of endless Don Imus apologies. Imus, Mike & Mike In the Morning, Mike & the Mad Dog, Michael Savage, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... who handed these people microphones? But I'm so desperate for original content that I actually will miss Imus; I guess they'll be playing "best of," but trust me the "best of" talk radio is like eating raw hamburger meat with the "best tasting" e. coli.
  • Irving Plaza took on a retread name to better reflect the retread 80s music it's been parading forth as "indie rock" this year. Wow, what a shitty change! Also, did you know Irving Plaza will sell you a Red Bull. And they'll sell you a vodka. But they will not sell you a Red Bull and vodka?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND it looks like Rio Rancho got some blinds. 2 and 2 indeed make 5.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Red Bull without vodka is like an already bad day without...vodka.

Anonymous said...

New York already had a chance with the Fillmore name and they blew it by turning it into some crappy apts. No second chances! The only true Fillmore is still in SF. AND Irving plaza was one of if not the best venue in NYC.