Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Best bartender

Out of fear that somebody who lives in the west village may actually be reading the west village gazette, I will not use her real name. But we can call her Bay Ridge, cause that's where she's from. The bar: 4-Faced Liar. Right around the corner.

Midnight, me and Carolina Blue went over there last Saturday night. We walked into a reasonable crowd and were able to grab 2 bar stools on the corner. Next to us was a group getting ready to do a shot. As Bay Ridge poured Smirnoff Ice into the shot glasses, I asked her what she was making: Skittle shot. Tastes like tangerine flavor from the tropical skittle line. It's SoCo and Smirnoff Ice. I knew I liked her when I saw that she was doing a shot with the patrons.

So I ordered up a round with an extra for her. Bang. We did another. Bada bing. And another. The place is cash only, so I was concerned a little bit about the tab, as I hadn't been to the ATM since that afternoon and if you know the way NYC bleeds cash, my funds were a bit on the soft side. So I checked in with her: a couple rounds of shots, couple rounds of beers and vodka/sodas. $20. Ok, that's pretty sweet. The Bay Ridge Exception states that if she does a shot with you, it's on her! Rad.

The best part was when Carolina Blue asked for a diet coke. Bay Ridge brought it over, as well as a bottle of rum. Playfully, she impersonated a conversation between the bottle of rum and diet coke and how much they love each other. The end result was that they got married in Carolina Blue's glass. It was probably the most charming act of peer pressure to drink I have ever witnessed.

Bay Ridge only works Friday and Saturday nights.

No comments: